Saturday, September 8, 2012

Oh So Moist Strawberry Cake Recipe

Every once in a while i cheat and use a box mix. There are some really good box mixes out there lately so i've been giving them a try... 

This one I found to be VERY moist and Delicious..
 I followed the directions on the box and poured it into a foil baking pan.
 Than before baking i spread coconut on the top DO NOT MIX IT INTO THE CAKE BATTER. (if you don't like coconut you can delete the next steps) I found that the coconut helps keep the moisture in the cake.
 Next take a spatula and lightly push the coconut down just a little bit (enough to let it bake into the top of the cake)

 I baked it for about 30 minutes

 The first time i made it i bought the can strawberry frosting that went with the box mix. But i found it to be way to sweet, my family scrapped it off... So this time i sprinkled confectionery sugar on top right after the cake came out of the oven (that way the sugar glazed a little)

 Than i added fun colored sprinkles



 YUMMY..YUMMY..YUMMY.....

I'm thinking of laying fresh sliced strawberries on top of the coconut before baking the next time...I'll wright an update as to how it came out when i do.

UPDATED 4/2/2013:


I made this again and added 1/2 can drained of crushed pineapple before baking. When it was done baking i than frosted it with a mixture of confectionery sugar, a little butter,the rest of the drained crushed pineapple,cup of coconut. and topped it off with walnuts.....

IT WAS SOOOOOOOO YUMMY.

No comments:

Post a Comment